Aaron Patton

Mr. Kole Matheson

English 110C

28 January 2016

Through various trials of my own internal experiences, taking knowledge from a personal trainer, and working out with my parents I learned how to workout and get the absolute best possible exercise routine to partake in. Through interactions with other personal trainers, friends, and family members I developed my own creations of routine exercises. Also by trialing my own exercises together to see which combination or variations of work outs that I could use. My mother and father were probably two of the biggest reasons I began trialing my workouts and trying to find the best group of exercises. These interactions were learned through role models, my father had been taught these exercises by my All-American Defensive End Grandfather. So basically, I was taught by a well-known role model, but mainly known at the University of Virginia.

My parents and personal trainer would take time out of each and every workout session to explain and demonstrate the usage of each and every machine, dumbbell, and cardio based exercise. All these demonstrations and explanations really helped jump start my development of exercises to use in my ultimate workout sessions. The favorable consequences of working out and completing a more vigorous session leads to a better sense of health, more toned and developed body, and a clearer mind for the rest of the day. It is also a great stress reliever for a lot of people, including myself. Some of the unfavorable consequences would certainly be getting severely injured due to over-exercising, muscle exhaustion, and not stretching prior to heavy lifting.

I, myself, generally workout four to five times a week for about an hour or an hour and a half each session on average. My intensity of workouts vary on the previous workout I had the day before; usually the more intense the previous workout was then the next workout will be more calm and simple. Working out has one of the greatest priorities in my life, my days usually consist of waking up, eating, going to class, and then go to the gym right after my last class. Learning to workout and utilize the best exercises is just like any other task one must master. Tons of practice, tons of repetition, and tons of dedication is required to truly accomplish the goals one wishes to achieve. The favorable and unfavorable reactions to working out as often as I do in the gym; favorable reactions are seeing my body develop and turn into the freak of nature I have been so longing to create. The unfavorable reactions are not seeing enough development in a timely fashion that I would prefer, however I keep putting in work and going as hard as possible to make sure these results happen. To relate this to differential association theory, basically a lot of the criminal acts in the world are learned behavior through either close intimate persona interactions, observations through one’s own eyes, and weighing the unfavorable and favorable consequences of each and every action contemplated.