About Me

Hello! My name is Saige Hill, and I am a third-year Public Administration and Policy PhD Student at Old Dominion University (ODU). I have a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Communications, a Master of Public Administration, and a Certificate in Social Justice and Entrepreneurship. I am continuing my education to prepare for a career in government and academia. My research interests include civic engagement/public participation; emergency management; public policy, and social justice and equity. Additionally, my coronavirus pandemic research was presented in the International Journal of Policy Studies Special Issue on COVID-19, and I have a forthcoming article in the Natural Hazards Review. I have also produced research through the Natural Hazards Center Quick Response Grant Report Series titled Adapting Transportation to Accommodate Populations Vulnerable to COVID-19 in Hazardous Settings. I currently serve as a graduate research assistant, and I hope to gain experience as a teaching assistant in the fall. I do, however, have experience in student affairs in higher education which I acquired through my former position at Eastern Virginia Medical School. I am also currently the Vice President of ODU’s Graduate Student Government Association and the School of Public Service Representative for the Graduate Student Advisory Board. I am also the recipient of four fellowships, including the Virginia Sea Grant Graduate Research Fellowship, the William Averette Anderson Fund Fellowship, and the Mercatus Center Frédéric Bastiat Fellowship. Thank you for visiting my site!